John H. Lee
John H. Lee focuses his practice in bankruptcy, restructuring, bankruptcy litigation, and creditors’ rights. John frequently represents bankruptcy trustees in their administration of individual and corporate chapter 7 debtor cases, including all aspects of analyzing and reconstructing financial records, the sale of bankruptcy estate assets, and the pursuit of avoidance actions and other litigation claims. He also advises debtors and creditors in relation to their rights in bankruptcy proceedings and how to protect those rights.
- Successfully litigated a fraudulent transfer claim on behalf of a chapter 7 trustee where a bankruptcy debtor attempted to shield from creditors more than $100,000 by placing same in an annuity.
- Recovered more than $200,000 for a chapter 7 bankruptcy estate from a bankrupt debtor who owned and operated several businesses in Key West.
- Represented a chapter 7 trustee in negotiating a $225,000 settlement of a fraudulent transfer and unjust enrichment claim against a family limited partnership that owned several parcels of real estate.
- Represented the general unsecured creditors’ committee in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy where the debtor, a medical research and clinical studies company, sought to reorganize its assets by selling late phase and early phase clinical research facilities.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bankruptcy Institute 15th Litigation Skills Symposium, Graduate
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, Member
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Habitat for Humanity Young Professionals, Former Member of Board of Directors
Awards and Recognitions
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2019
- Rising Star