Joshua H. Rosenberg
Josh Rosenberg is a resident in both our Miami and Fort Lauderdale offices. He concentrates his practice in guardianship administration, guardianship litigation, estate planning, probate administration, probate litigation, and elder law. Josh represents professionals and families in the administration of probate estates; complex probate litigation; the administration of guardianship matters for minors, adults, elderly and the mentally ill; complex guardianship litigation; and the drafting of wills, trusts, powers of attorney and health-care surrogates for taxable and non-taxable estates.
- A beneficiary of a trust learns that the trustee of the trust is acting inappropriately and is refusing to make reasonable distributions for the beneficiary. The beneficiary retains our office to initiate a case to remove and replace the trustee.
- An inexperienced guardian is subjected to an action to seek possible removal for allegedly failing to meeting requirements of the court. Guardian retains our firm and we assist the guardian to properly administer and account for the guardianship. We also identified and collected additional funds due to the guardianship.
- A local family is dealing with the loss of a child as a result of an unexpected accident. We are retained and assist the family in administering the child’s estate and prosecute an insurance claim valued at $500,000.00.
Awards and Recognitions
- Florida Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2009-2017
- Florida Trend Magazine Legal Elite, Up and Comer, Elder Law, 2013-2016
- Named Fellow of the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Author, probate summaries in Action Line Magazine, Spring 2014
- Published in the Elder Law Advocate, Spring 2014
- Published in the Daily Business Review, Jan. 2014
- Speaker, “Estate Planning from A to Z,” National Business Institute, September 2018
- Speaker, “Guardianship Decision-Making Processes,” 2nd Annual Clerks’ Statewide Investigations Alliance Symposium for the Office Public & Professional Guardians, August 2018
- Speaker, “Journey Through the Florida Guardianship Galaxy,” The Real Property Probate and Trust Section of The Florida Bar, 2018
- Speaker, “The Probate Process from Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, 2016
- Speaker, “Real Estate: The Transition from Law School to Practice,” Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Society of the University of Miami School of Law, Fall 2014
- Keynote speaker at the Fearless Caregiver Conference, 2012
Professional and Community Activities
- Dade County Bar Association
- South Miami-Kendall Bar Association
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Executive Counsel for the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar