Rachel Lopate Rubio
Rachel Lopate Rubio is a member of the firm’s Restructuring and Insolvency Group and concentrates her practice in the representation of creditors, trustees, creditors’ committees and complex debtors in cases proceeding under chapters 7, 11, 12, and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. Additionally, Rachel focuses her practice in commercial litigation.
- Counsel to principal of large condominium developer in a difficult involuntary bankruptcy proceeding where after years of litigation debtor obtained a discharge.
- Counsel to liquidating trustee in a confirmed chapter 11 case where creditors have been paid in full and equity will receive more than $25 million.
- Counsel to mortgagor in a mortgage fraud case where mortgagee refused to communicate with mortgagor and proceeded to foreclose on mortgagor’s home after the death of spouse.
Awards and Recognitions
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Up and Comer, 2004-2008, Top Lawyer, 2009-2020
- Florida Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2010-2012
- Pro Bono Service Award, South Miami-Kendall Bar Association
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- South Miami-Kendall Bar Association
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Dade County Bar Association
- Mentor, Bankruptcy Assistance Clinic Sponsored by St. Thomas University and the Dade County Bar Association “Put Something Back” program
- Mentor, St. Thomas University School of Lawyers at Work Mentor Program
- Mentor, University of Miami School of Law Clinic Program
- “Put Something Back” Pro Bono program sponsored by the Dade County Bar Association