The House of Representatives is expected to vote on a third coronavirus relief bill valued at $3 trillion this Friday, May 15, 2020. The new bill includes, among others:
- $1 trillion for state and local governments
- A second round of direct payments of $1,200 per person, and up to $6,000 for a household
- $200 billion in hazard pay for essential workers
- $75 billion for coronavirus testing and contact tracing
- An extension of the $600 per week federal unemployment insurance benefit through January 2021
- $175 billion in rent, mortgage, and utility assistance
The Senate is likely to oppose the bill. We will provide further updates as we learn of them.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or at 305.670.5000.
Markowitz Ringel Trusty + Hartog concentrates on the representation of businesses, institutions, fiduciaries, and individuals across several practice groups, which include Restructuring + Insolvency, Litigation + Dispute Resolution, Real Estate + Business, Probate + Guardianship, and Trusts + Estates. Dedication to clients and service to the community are the principles upon which Markowitz Ringel Trusty + Hartog was founded in 1980, and upon which it still operates today.