Adrian C. Delancy
Adrian Delancy concentrates his practice in bankruptcy and commercial litigation. Adrian has represented a variety of court-appointed fiduciaries, including trustees, receivers, and assignees for the benefit of creditors, in both state and federal court. He has also represented secured creditors and other interested parties. Adrian has handled all facets of contested matters, adversary proceedings, and complex business cases from the initial client interview, through trial and appeals.
- Prosecuted fraudulent transfer claims on behalf of a bankruptcy trustee against a large Las Vegas casino chain for the recovery of estate assets gambled away by the debtor.
- Represented a secured creditor in its efforts to recover a 300 foot cargo vessel from chapter 11 debtor that allowed the ship to be kidnapped by pirates/gunmen in Haiti.
- Defended a prominent local physician against a chapter 7 trustee’s avoidance action seeking to recover over $1 million dollars related to a medical start-up company.
- Represented trustee in “claw-back” action against local attorney who improperly funneled real estate commissions to himself and away from the debtor-brokerage.
- Represent bankruptcy trustee in $1.2 million dollar litigation to recovery business assets from prominent real estate developer who controlled/owned the debtor.
- Represent bankruptcy trustee in litigation to recover the debtor’s ownership interest in a well-known South Florida kosher supermarket and bakery.
- Salkin v. Novadebt (In re Florida Mfg. & Distribution), 484 B. R. 847 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2012).
- Bosshardt v. Goldberg, 2013 WL 394878 (S.D. Fla. 2013).
- Akin Bay Company, LLC. v. von Kahle, 180 So. 3d 1180 (Fla. 3rd DCA 2015).
Awards and Recognitions
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2016-2019; Rising Star, 2009
- Named “50 Most Powerful Black Professionals in Business and Industry”, Legacy Miami Magazine, 2014
- Florida Trend Magazine Legal Elite, Bankruptcy & Workout, 2013 – 2014
- DiversityMBA, Top 100 Executive Leaders Under 50, 2019
Professional and Community Activities
- Business Law Section of The Florida Bar
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Bar Association, Southern District of Florida
- Miami Bridge Youth & Family Services, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2007-2016
- President, 2012-2016
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100 professional organization
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Author, “Where Do We Stand Regarding Diversity Anyway?“, Daily Busines Review, June 2019
- Speaker, “Business Bankruptcy Perspectives,” Dade Legal Aid and Put Something Back, March 2019
- Speaker, “Dissecting Fraudulent Transfers: Best Practices in Fraudulent Transfer Litigation in Bankruptcy,” Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, February 2019.