Carly S. Weiss
Carly Weiss focuses her practice on probate and guardianship law. Before joining the firm, Carly spent four years prosecuting cases of child abuse and neglect for the Florida Department of Children and Families.
- Prevailed in termination of parental rights trial of egregious physical and mental abuse involving complex child hearsay motion.
- Won adjudication of dependency against a mother whose daughter was sexually abused by her husband.
- Successfully tried four-day termination of parental rights trial with competing experts on the topic of substance abuse and harm to children.
Awards and Recognitions
- Winner, Outstanding Performance Award, 8th Annual Regional Child Welfare Conference, 2013
- Panelist, “You be the Judge,” Dade County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section and Probate & Guardianship Committee, and Dade Legal Aid/Put Something Back, January 2020