Rachel A. Camber
Rachel Camber has a diverse practice in both transactional and litigation matters to prevent, negotiate, settle and litigate disputes.
Rachel represents corporations and individuals in contract disputes, commercial litigation, creditors’ rights issues, leasing issues, bond claims, construction lien law issues, tax lien sale issues, banking litigation, real property litigation, and general corporate matters. In addition to her experience as a commercial litigator, she has considerable experience with a wide range of trust and estate disputes, including cases with breach of fiduciary duty, self-dealing and conflicts of interest, and for removal of fiduciaries. Rachel’s transactional practice includes drafting corporate documents including stock purchase agreements, partnership agreements, commercial lease agreements, and commercial loan documentation, as well as estate planning for individuals. Passionate about the cultural arts and dedicated to the community she serves, Rachel frequently represents not-for-profit organizations, museums, artists and art galleries.
- Obtained judgment in favor of private lender in fraudulent conveyance action against borrower.
- Obtained judgment in favor of owner of commercial real property setting aside tax lien sale to third party.
- Represented beneficiaries in action against Trustee for breach of trust, breach of fiduciary duty, constructive trust, and removal.
- Successfully represented Defendants and Plaintiffs in actions to partition real property.
- Represented Assignee in Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors Action in Complex Litigation Division.
- Successfully prosecuted construction lien foreclosure action on behalf of Plaintiff equipment supplier.
- Successfully prosecuted construction bond claims on behalf of Plaintiff equipment supplier.
- Successfully prosecuted and obtained judgment of replevin against commercial equipment lessee.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended numerous mortgage foreclosure actions for both individual and corporate clients.
- Successfully defended corporate entity in commercial eviction action.
- Successfully defended corporate developer in resolving dispute in connection with breach of contract with his architect and copyright infringement action.
- Negotiated and drafted Stock Purchase Agreement, partnership Agreement for Florida Professional Association.
- Negotiated and drafted promissory notes, mortgages, financing agreements, assignment agreements for heavy equipment supplier.
- Negotiated and drafted loan agreements, promissory notes and mortgage for inter-corporate lender.
- Represented leading financial institution with domestic and international banking transactions including real estate, secured finance and working lines of credit.
- Cohen Financial, LP v. KMC/EC II, LLC, 967 So.2d 224 (3rd DCA 2007)
- W.R.J. Development, Inc. v. North Ring Ltd., 979 S2d 1046 (3rd DCA 2008)
- Body Details, Inc. v. Hitachi Capital America Corp. and Robert H. Ozaki, 83 So.3d 736 (4th DCA 2012)
Awards and Recognitions
- AXA Advisors Businesswoman of the Year – Corporate Leader Category, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, 2018
Professional and Community Activities
- Dave and Mary Alper Jewish Community Center
- President and Board Chair, 2017 – Present
- President-Elect, 2016 – 2017
- First Vice President, 2015 – 2016
- Treasurer, 2012 – 2013
- Executive Committee, 2010 – Present
- Board of Directors, 2009 – Present
- Co-Chair JCC Maccabi Arts Fest 2017 (national competition)
- Arts, Entertainment and Sports Law Section, The Florida Bar
- Real Property Trust and Estates Section, The Florida Bar
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- South Miami Kendall Bar Association
- Great Miami Jewish Federation
- Board of Directors, 2017 – Present
- Demographic Study Committee, 2013 – 2014
- Create a Jewish Legacy Team Member, 2013 – 2015
- Miami Design Preservation League, Past Board of Directors
- Frost Museum of Science
- Perez Art Museum Miami
- Bass Museum of Art
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Temple Beth Am
- Washington University Class of 1990 Reunion Committee, 2000 – 2015
- Author, “A Visual Art Law You Had Better Not Overlook,” Florida Bar Journal, May 1999
- Author, “Implied Warranty of Habitability in Public Housing,” Washington University Journal of Urban and Contemporary Law, Volume 38, Fall 1990