Alan R. Rosenberg
Alan Rosenberg represents bankruptcy trustees, creditors, debtors, and other parties-in-interest, in all aspects of insolvency proceedings and bankruptcy-related litigation, including, but not limited to, the sale of bankruptcy estate assets and the pursuit and defense of avoidance actions and other litigation claims. In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Alan also represents individual and corporate clients in a wide variety of commercial litigation claims and real estate transactions.
In his free time, Alan enjoys learning about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology and has been published several times on the subject.
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee of securities broker-dealer in the pursuit of various litigation claims and adversary proceedings, resulting in the generation of millions of dollars for the benefit of the Estate.
- Represented Chapter 11 Trustee of a non-profit organization in the successful confirmation of Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee of a real estate professional in pursuit and settlement of various litigation claims against several international defendants generating hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Represented Chapter 7 Trustee of a technology company in pursuit of multiple litigation claims and adversary proceedings, generating hundreds of thousands of dollars for the benefit of the Estate.
Awards and Recognition
- American Bankruptcy Institute – Inclusion in Best of ABI 2019: The Year in Business Bankruptcy
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2017-2020
- Rising Star
- Florida Legal Elite, 2018-2020
- Up and Comer
- South Florida Legal Guide, 2019-2020
- Up and Comer
- Author, “Trustees and Joint Administration,” NABT American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal, Spring 2020.
- Author, “Automatic Contracts and the Automatic Stay: A Primer on ‘Smart Contracts’ in Bankruptcy” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, July 2019
- Author, “Spanish Peaks and the Lessee Who Speaks: The Effect of Free and Clear Sales on Unexpired Leases,” National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, October 2018.
- Senior Editor, Individual Chapter 11, American Bankruptcy Institute (A. Rosenberg and P. Redmond, Ed., 2018)
- Author, “The Cryptocurrency Conundrum – A Primer for Secured Lenders Entering the Cryptocurrency Space.” ABF Journal, September/October 2018
- Author, “Are Debts Stemming from ICOs Dischargeable in Bankruptcy?” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, August 2018
- Author, “Can Cryptocurrency Be Claimed as Tenancy by the Entireties Property?” Daily Business Review, April 25, 2018
- Author “The Cryptocurrency Craze – How to Treat Bitcoins in Fraudulent-Transfer Litigation.” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, February 2018
- Author, “Everything You Say Might Be Used Against You: The Uncertainty of the Federal Mediation Privilege,” American Bankruptcy Institute, 2017
- Co-Author, “Gain the Hometown Advantage Even When You are an Outsider: Understand Local Differences in Commercial and Consumer Matters,” National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, October 2017.
- Speaker, “Bankruptcy Concerns, Both Present and Developing,” American Bankruptcy Institute’s Caribbean Insolvency Symposium, February 2020
- Moderator, “Cannabis Businesses and Cannabis-Related Income Streams in Chapter 11 Cases,” American Bankruptcy Institute’s Caribbean Insolvency Symposium, February 2020
- Commentator, “Courts, Without Law, Setting Value of Cryptoassets,” Roll Call, January 28, 2020
- Commentator, “As Self-Proclaimed Bitcoin Creator Enters Settlement Talks, Lawyers Ponder Future of Bitcoin Suits,” Daily Business Review, September 24, 2019
- Commentator, “8 Florida Cases to Watch in 2019,” Daily Business Review, January 9, 2019
- Speaker, “Blockchain, Bitcoin and Beyond: Getting Current on Digital Currency, ”American Bankruptcy Institute, 2019 Caribbean Insolvency Symposium, January 2019
- Speaker, “Federal Mediation Privilege,” American Bankruptcy Institute, Litigation Committee, October 2017
- Speaker, “Approaches to Fraudulent-Transfer Litigation Involving Bitcoins,” American Bankruptcy Institute Podcast with ABI Executive Director Sam Gerdano, February 2018
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Bankruptcy Litigation Committee, 2017 to Present
- Caribbean Insolvency Symposium, Advisory Board, 2019 to Present
- Diversity and Inclusion Working Group, 2020 to Present
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- Director, 2018 to Present
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- Digital Currency Taskforce, 2018 to Present
- Chapman Partnership, Member
- Member, Investment Committee, 2019 to Present
- nextgen at Chapman Partnership
- Executive Council
- Chair, 2020 to Present
- Member, 2018 to Present
- Chair, Networking Committee, 2018 to 2020
- Co-Chair, Gala Afterparty Committee, 2018
- Executive Council
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Bankruptcy Committee, 2015 to Present
- Florida Bar News & Journal, Editorial Board, 2019 to Present