Thomas Ringel focuses his practice on real property law. He represents clients in residential, commercial, and complex real estate transactions, workouts in the real estate marketplace, and liquidation of REO portfolios in the banking industry. Tom is a member of the Fund (Attorneys’ Title Fund Services, LLC).
- Closed thousands of residential and commercial real estate transactions throughout South Florida including multi-million dollar hotels, shopping centers, apartment complexes, and homes.
- Regularly closes real estate transactions for professional athletes, judges, attorneys, actors, actresses, and other public figures.
- Represented chapter 11 trustee in the sale of a multi-unit apartment complex in North Miami.
- Represented chapter 11 trustee in the sale of a multi-million dollar marina along the Miami River.
Awards and Recognition
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012-2022
- Daily Business Review, featured in “Deals Made in a Garage: How Florida Attorneys are Adjusting to the Pandemic” April 2020
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2006- 2021
- Top 100 Lawyers in Miami, 2012 – 2016
- Florida Trend Magazine Legal Elite, 2004-2006, 2009-2015
- Miami Today, quoted in “Residential Realty: Prediction is this will be a Record Year,” January 2021
- Miami Today, quoted in “Lending Trio Starts at Echo Brickell, Targets Foreign Buyers,” May 2018
- Miami Today, quoted in an article about new mortgage lending regulations, December 2015
- NBC 6 News, interviewed in “Family FIghts to Get Construction Flaws Fixed in New Home,” September 2018
- South Florida Business & Wealth and Lifestyle Media Group’s 2021 Real Estate Awards, July 2021
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyer, 2003-2006, 2008-2021
- Attorneys Title Insurance Fund 11th Circuit Top Contributor Award, Top 3 in Miami-Dade County, 2013, 2015
- Panelist, Forum on Real Estate Status in Palmetto Bay, 2009 panelist, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Residential RE Panel, 2015
- Lecturer, “Handling of Complex Real Estate Transactions,” “Workouts in the Real Estate Marketplace” and “Liquidation of the REO Portfolio in the Banking Industry.”
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, “President’s Circle,” The Fund, 2008-2019
- Member, Attorneys’ Real Estate Council of Miami Dade County
- Member, Commercial Law League of America
- Member, International Association of Commerical Collectors
- Member, South Miami Kendall Bar Association
- Member, Village of Palmetto Bay Charter Review Committee, 2005, 2008, 2011