Litigation + Dispute Resolution
Our litigation and dispute resolution attorneys are aggressive and work diligently to represent our clients in all manners of commercial cases. Whether pursuing or defending claims, we advocate for the best result which sometimes requires a full-blown trial. Other situations may require arbitrations, mediations, and judicial settlement conferences.
We understand that in most cases a time comes where two inextricable attributes meet – zealous advocacy + bipartisan resolution. We, however, see them as linked. We always have our clients’ interests at heart, and assist them to weigh the benefits of going to trial against the benefits of an alternative dispute resolution method, to determine which one may deliver the best possible result.
To that end, we routinely guide our clients through the complex world of dispute resolution both as counsel and as mediators. Shareholder and Co-founder Jerry Markowitz is a certified mediator and has helped parties resolve and settle many hotly-contest cases. He is a also graduate and current instructor at the St. Johns Bankruptcy Mediation program organized by the Hugh L. Carey Center for Dispute Resolution and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Range of Services
- Business Disputes
- Collection Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Director and Officer Litigation
- Fraudulent Transfer Litigation
- Prosecuted fraudulent transfer claims on behalf of a bankruptcy trustee against a large Las Vegas casino chain for the recovery of estate assets gambled away by the debtor.
- Represented a secured creditor in his efforts to recovery a 300 foot cargo vessel from chapter 11 debtor who allowed the ship to be kidnapped by pirates/gunmen in Haiti.
- Defended a prominent local physician against a chapter 7 trustee’s avoidance action seeking to recover over $1 million dollars related to a medical start-up company.
- Represented trustee in “claw-back” action against local attorney who improperly funneled real estate commissions to himself and away from the debtor-brokerage.
- Mediated sale of all assets of a large regional law firm in a chapter 11 bankruptcy case.